Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GetWebTicket() Invalid Call

Hi folks,

I'm trying to integrate Qlikview(v.11) into Salesforce.com using Qlikview ticketing. Here is the article I'm following: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3730

Unfortunately, I keep getting "Invalid call" as a result of GetWebTicket method. I think I did all the prep work right. Could anyone suggest the reasons why I keep getting "Invalid call" and what would be the first places to check?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Igor

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Igor,

In IIS make sure to set QvAJAXZfc folder to Anonymous authentication, switch to "Content View", select GetWebTicket.aspx, right click and select "Switch to Features View" and set Windows Authentication on that file only.

Another alternative if Windows Authentication is not possible or desirable is to set everything to Anonymous authentication and then use whitelists for the server requesting the ticket in c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml to something like this.

<GetWebTicket url="/QvAjaxZfc/GetWebTicket.aspx">

<TrustedIP>192.168.0.1</TrustedIP>

</GetWebTicket>

Kind regards,

Rikard

View solution in original post

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The invalid call error more or less always has to do with authentication, meaning trust, everything is about trust when it comes to webtickets. Either you configure everything to be anonymous and use the TrustedIP in the configuration, or you use windows authentication and supply proper credentials.

I prefer the anonymous method myself... and a common problem I've seen is that it's sometimes not clear how to find the actual IP address to trust. In case it's localhost, try to ping localhost to see what you get back. Sometimes it's 127.0.0.1, sometimes it's ::1, make sure to use the correct value. If the server is remote, the actual IP address should work.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

User running the code that does the call should be a "QlikView Administrator" and "QlikView Management API" groups.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

I already checked that. Any other ideas?

Regards,

Igor

Not applicable
Author

Hi Igor,

In IIS make sure to set QvAJAXZfc folder to Anonymous authentication, switch to "Content View", select GetWebTicket.aspx, right click and select "Switch to Features View" and set Windows Authentication on that file only.

Another alternative if Windows Authentication is not possible or desirable is to set everything to Anonymous authentication and then use whitelists for the server requesting the ticket in c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml to something like this.

<GetWebTicket url="/QvAjaxZfc/GetWebTicket.aspx">

<TrustedIP>192.168.0.1</TrustedIP>

</GetWebTicket>

Kind regards,

Rikard

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikard,

Thank you very much for your help.

Everything works now.

Really appreciate your help.

Is there any way that I give evaluation to your support? Will be happy to do it.

Regards,

Igor

Not applicable
Author

Igor,

Don't worry about it, I'm glad that it's working for you.

Next time it's maybe you who are helping someone, with this or something else.

Cheers!

Rikard

Not applicable
Author

Hi again guys,

I'm trying to set up Web Ticketing using QVWS, not IIS. What would be the required steps to set up Web Ticketing with QVWS?

Especially, I don't get how do I set up the access to GetWebTicket.aspx page?

Regards,

Igor

Not applicable
Author

I would really recommend using IIS, especially if you want to use Windows Authentication for the ticket request, it's much easier to setup using IIS and you still need to host some .ASPX pages somewhere, right?

I haven't tested it, but I guess you can make everything anonymous in the QVWS and use white lists of IP adresses to get the ticket instead.

/Rikard

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am trying to test the same webticket example under Qlikview 11 using IIS wev server and got the same error "Invalid Call". I have both, the QvAjaxZfc folder & the GetWebticket.aspx configured for both anonymous and Windows authentication". Thanks for your help.

krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I had done as described.. Still I get the "Invalid Call" result.

regards

KRS