Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unusual Layout of Datasource File_can I somehow pivot 122 headers in QV11?

Hi All,

I need to create a report in QV11 for my customer.

Trouble is that the output .xls file I need to use as my data source has 122 column headers out of which 119 need to be summed up in 3 main areas (to be divided even further into 7 observations per area as this is a sample of 7 patient observations across 3 tools - on my sheet coded as 'BB', '5M', 'HH') .

I attach the file but just to explain what I am after:

I realise (although I am a complete novice) that I cannot possibly pivot all 122 fields and that they need to be somewhat grouped.

I would like to find out whether QV11 functionality will allow me to group them 'thematically' and then sum them appropriately within those 3 groups or do I need to change my output file all together (which I would like to avoid)?

Many thanks to whoever can help out with this.

As I said I am a novice but have all necessary tutorials available so hopefully will catch up quickly.

Cheers

Karolina

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

See attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

Yes, unfortunately values at the user-end are 'yes', 'no' and 'N/A' as this is a questionnaire type of data collection.

'Yes' and 'N/A' = 1 while 'No' = 0 so I would like to convert these within the QV application as well as group them there but I am prepared to convert the file before it's loaded if need be.

As for sums, I attach another file - this is what my customer used to see via their old process.

I have transposed these data items for better clarity ('by observation' column) as the layout may not be not immediately obvious having a different number of questions within each tool.

Again, many thanks.

Cheers

Karolina

Not applicable
Author

One more thing Nicole - the reporting part that user used to see is marked in blue font.

Everything else is my commentary.

Cheers

Nicole-Smith

See attached.

You shouldn't have to change your output file at all to get this to work.