Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Should you delete .share and/or .meta files when updating QVW for AccessPoinT?

We had an issue recently and I have not found a similar posting.   When updating a dashboard on the server (i.e. uploading newer qvw file, with numerous changes to the interface), we found that there were unexpected data being displayed.  We eventually cleared it by removing the .meta and .shared files and re-deploying.   We are assuming that there were previous selections remaining for the users in these files, but we are not certain that is the issue.  There was clearly something affecting the current selections, but no unexpected fields were being shown in the Current Selections box.  Is there a standard approach to clearing one or both of these files, when updatig an existing dashboard?  We would like to not lose collaboration data, so if this is the answer, is there a way to be selective in what gets deleted?

Thanks

Brian

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

NO, this will remove the bookmarks and objects the users have created.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, and suspected as much.  I guess the question is, has anyone experienced this issue and if so, found a solution?   There was clearly something persisting from the previous release.  Short of deleting the .share or .meta file, is there a way to selectively eliminate the previous selections?   We did try to 'Remove Last Document State' on the AccessPoint, but this did not clear up the issue.  We suspect that some object that changed or was deleted in the new version had been previously selected and was skewing the results, but could not be cleared.

Though I have not seen this exact problem described, I read about a problem dealing with cached data.  The solution proposed in that case was to restart the QlikView services.  Would restarting the QV services following a deployment perhaps correct a condition like this?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Can I delete only the meta file and not shared file. Will this still affect user's shared objects?

I am asking this because I am seeing strange behaviour. The files which are only available for download for authenticated users are not seeing download option. Actually they are not seeing any option. They just see 'Qlikview' written in the place of 'Download' option. I have checked all the task and document properties and the download option is checked with all authenticated users. I am thinking the meta file got corrupted and needs to regenerate.

Thanks in advance,

Anosh

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yes, you would be OK in removing the .meta file.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.