cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot Navigation

Hi All,

I have a pivot table in the name of Company name, Employees and some other as dimension, also i have salary, expense, etc., as the measures. Can i change the position of the dimesions or measures without changing it in properties. I.e., can i click and move the particular column from one to another place?

Need this info immediaetly as i want to deliver a report by today.

Rgds,

Nandha

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can, and this is default behaviour. Make sure you have 'Allow pivoting' checked on the presentation tab.

Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

John,

Thnaks for the quick response.

I know we can move the vertical column to row column and row column to vertical column. My requimnt is i have a vertical column by say column1, column2, column3, column4. I want to click and drop the column1 in between column3 and 4. Is this possible?

Rgds,

Nandha

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can do that too, though note that if you have conditional shows on your expressions you sometimes have to unset the conditon, add the new dimension, and then reset the condition, else the new dimension appears to the right of the expressions and can't be shifted to the left of them.

Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

I have attaced a sample with this, can you help me how to do this in step by step process and change the table?

Rgds,

Nandha

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See attached file in which I:

1. expanded the 4 dimension columns

2. drag and dropped column 1 to between 3 and 4

3. re-expanded the columns after the drag'n'drop

If step 3 is a problem, tick the 'Always fully expanded' checkbox on the presentation propeties. I notice that the blue drag'n'drop line indocators are not so clear in that mode though.

I'm using Qv11 SR1, and done this in both the developer software an on the Ajax client.

Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your are right Jonathan. Is this possible for measure columns?

Rgds,

Nandha

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's trickier, as Straight tables allow sorting but not grouping, and Pivot tables allow sorting but not grouping.

Try adding a Expression Sort that has the same expression that you want to sort on.

If however the users need to change this sorting order you could set each expression formula up within a variable, and have another variable that the user change to switch between those expression formula variables. You could then set the switching variable as the sort condition. This would be a fair amount of effort for not so much gain I think though.

Jonathan