Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document CALs used by deleted documents

I recently deleted a number of documents from the AccessPoint that a developer said were no longer in use. They had document CALs assigned to them. Now, if I go through the User Documents and add up all of the document CALs in use I get 55 yet if I try to assign some Document CALs I see only 3 of 100 are available. We are running 11.00 SR2, do not use any dynamic assignment of the 100 doc CALs or 35 Named User CALs.

I tried restarting the QVS in the services applet with no change. Is there some way to make the system take a new look at the documents actually in the AccessPoint and recalculate the number of Document CALs in use?  There were a number of development-type QVWs in the AccessPoint that haven't been used in a while or were replaced by (with a different name) a different document.

Suggestions? I see lots of references to deleting PGOs but I don't want to do that if there is any other option as I don't want to have to reassign the 32 named user CALs.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Also double checked to see if someone didn't have a huge number of allocated CALs versus used CALs and didn't see any. There are many documents listed in the QEMC User Documents that do not exist on disk. I suspect that there is some caching of metadata or something but would have expected to see them disappear when I restarted the QVS service. I verified that I can't find .shared or .meta files that are orphans.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can try putting the document back and then removing the cals in the QEMC and then deleting them.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.