Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Show Sheet Not Equal Syntax

In the sheet properties, I am trying to set the Show Sheet/Conditional feature to prevent select users from viewing the sheet based on an expression.  But my syntax is incorrect.

I know how to enable select users to view a sheet through sheet properties, using syntax such as this:

OSUser()= 'usernamehere'.

However, I'm trying to do the inverse - disable select users from viewing the sheet. 

I've tried using the following the syntax combinations:

OSUser() <> 'usernamehere'

OSUser() -=  'usernamehere'

Neither of my not-equal expressions works.  Would anyone know of a solution?

Other notes:

Under Settings/Document Properties/Security, I have the 'Show All Sheets and Objects' box not checked.

Under Settings/Document Properties/Sheets, the sheet I'm trying to hide has a status of Conditional: Normal.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this

=Not(Match(OSUser(), 'username1', 'username2'))

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Nicole-Smith

What about:

if(OSUser()= 'usernamehere', 0, 1)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Nichole.  I tried that approach, but my test user can still view the tab even with the following restriction.

I keep wondering if there is a conflict with the Document Property Settings, but I don't see anything obvious.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Nichole.  I tried that approach, but my test user can still view the tab even with the following restriction.

I keep wondering if there is a conflict with the Document Property Settings, but I don't see anything obvious.

Not applicable
Author

Try

Not(osuser()='username')

Not applicable
Author

Nigel, your proposal worked when I was trying to exclude a single user.  But I have multiple users to exclude.  Would you know the correct syntax when I'm excluding multiple users?

WORKS FOR SINGLE USER:

Not(OSUser()= 'username1'

FAILS FOR MULTIPLE USERS:

Not(OSUser()= 'username1' OR

Not(OSUser()= 'username2'

ALSO FAILED with this syntax:

Not(OSUser()= 'username1', 'username2')

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this

=Not(Match(OSUser(), 'username1', 'username2'))

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

This solution works.  I'm testing it under some other circumstances.  Thanks for everyone's input.