Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visual cue - table chart

Hi,

I would like to insert a simple image dot to preceed a project name which will denote that the project is new i.e. that the creation date is within the last 14 days.

Can you please advise how to go about this? I am using a straight table chart. I have the IF statement working, so it is the actual visual representation that I need help with.

Ideally, I would like the dot to appear in the project name column rather than a separate column.

Many thanks,

Alan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't get it in the same column as project name.

Try this expression: if( today()-creation_date < 14, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_0.png'). Then for that expression set Representation to Image and Image Formatting to Keep Aspect.

If you're willing to stick to simple ascii characters instead of an image you could use a calculated dimension. Something like: if( today()-creation_date < 14, ProjectName & ' *', ProjectName)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't get it in the same column as project name.

Try this expression: if( today()-creation_date < 14, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_0.png'). Then for that expression set Representation to Image and Image Formatting to Keep Aspect.

If you're willing to stick to simple ascii characters instead of an image you could use a calculated dimension. Something like: if( today()-creation_date < 14, ProjectName & ' *', ProjectName)

Not applicable
Author

That worked - many thanks Gysbert.

Can I resize the image that appears?

If I wanted to add a custom image, what would I need to do?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can load custom images with a Bundle load. See here for an example. Once you've loaded the images in a table you can find pick them in the expression editor on the Images tab. Choose your table name as Image Folder.

If you want to resize your image change the Image Formatting options. Those are the only options available though.

Not applicable
Author

Again, many thanks.

Last question (I hope) - when I export the table to excel the image path displays and not the image.

Is there a way to fix this so that I can either a) take the image to excel b) insert a text label in its place c) remove the column altogether.

Thanks,

Alan