Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 11 crash when a extension is added

Hey everyone,

so here is the problem i downloaded GeoQlik since i wanted to make some nice map's with sales around the world and stuff like that. Did the installation normaly without any kind of issue but when i drag the extension in a sheet qlikview shuts himself down. After several tries i said well this is not working.

I downloaded another extension for google maps did the installation and same as before when i drag it into a sheet QV crashes.

Any suggestions?

thnks

Juan Pedro

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

System information:

Qlikview Version: 11 SR1

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Browser: Internet Explorer 7

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Edit: Crash occured in msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.6002.18551

Exception code: c0000005

-------

Any success in solving this?

I am experiencing exactly the same problem, but with a different extension.

Message was edited by: Göran Sander

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Not applicable
Author

My problem was related to the version of some plugin, (java if i remember properly) and no fix yet since i cant upgrade the software.

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Weird. And annoying.

I have tried several different extensions, even just a simple empty one-liner that does absolutely nothing - still crashes.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello Göran,

which Version are you using?

The latest is 11.0.11440

I had some weird crashes and non-functionality with earlier versions of QV11SR2

Best,

Christian

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I am not on the latest client, should probably upgrade, but given that the extension would be deployed on a QV11 SR1 server, I figured I should use that client too...

Will try to upgrade QV Desktop on a test server, to see if that helps.

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

...and that fixed it.

Upgraded to latest QV Desktop (11.20.11643.0), now QV.exe at doestn't crash on me when adding extensions to a document.. Nice!

/Göran