Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

X coefficient for a Linear equation

Gentlemen,

Currently Qlikview support trend lines in charts and it uses different methods to calculate them like linear, exponential, average etc. There is a tick box in the chart properties to show the equation of the trend line. Is there an equivalent function i could use to get the coefficient of X value in a linear trend line.

Regards,

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try the linest_m function. See the help file for details on how to use that function.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I tried to use that but I was facing some deficulties with the parameters cosidering that i am using only one felid values for the trend expression. the help state that there should be 2 variables (I guss)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have something with numeric values that's displayed on your x-axis. That could be an expression or it is a dimension. That's what you input as x-expression parameter in linest_m. And same for whatever produces the values for your y-axis, that's your y-expression parameter.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Here we go, it is a very simple example. I am trying to get 940 value and the X axis is the months

trend.png