Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Advised hardware specification for QlikView test environment

For an internal test environment we want to buy a new server that we will use for all test related activities such as heavy reloads and developing QlikView applications with big amounts of data. For example it should be able handle data reloads with tables that exceed 20 million records (not big at all for some of you) and applications that exceed 400 mb.
Can somebody tell me on which parts of the server specs I should focus and maybe advise a specification that will suit our needs. Our budget is about $3000. Please give me some indication or tell me what experience you have with hardware specs and QlikView. Thanks in advance.

I was thinking of a HP ProLiant DL160 G6 with 16GB DDR3 memory:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/15351-15351-3328412-241644-3328421-3884343-3919184-391...

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Looking at costs and your requirements, I would say any server from IBM/Dell with 'Intel' processor and with either windows or unix OS.

I would personally stay away from AMD processors running on Windows OS...!

Regards

Eraaj

Not applicable
Author

Hello Eraaj,

Thank you for your reply. The choice of OS is not very hard, and will be Windows server 2008 x64. I'm looking for advise on which type of memory to choose and which processor. Does anybody have experience with recent hardware and QlikView?

regards Mark

Not applicable
Author

Anyone that can share his/her experience on hardware and QlikView? Thank you.