Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set up Log Analysis Qlikview

Looking at the below Qliktech supplied document, this looks like a really great tool to have.

http://us.demo.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Log%20Analysis.qvw

However when it comes to setting up the report I'm at a bit of a loss, can anyone point me to a step by step guide on what to change and what needs to be in place?

Thanks in advance

CJ

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Bingo. The UNC path to the logs is autogenerated, so yes, the logs will need to be exported to the same directory on each server. Off the top of my head, I imagine you could write a powershell script to export them and then put that in the scheduled tasks OR, if you like powershell, run a powershell script on reload of the Qlikview file that tells each server to do the export.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try

Settings -> document properties -> general -> generate logfile checkbox on the upper left

When you reload the document it generates Log

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Afraid the name of the report is a misnomer, this is related to system logs on multiple servers....

Regards,

CJ

Not applicable
Author

Hey Chris,

are you trying to use that qvw? or are you looking for something else?

That QVW will read Event logs that have been exported to a specific directory on several different servers. or are you trying to accomplish something different?

-Ralph

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralph,

Yes I am trying to use the Qlikview report and reading your response has made something twig...

Do I need to set up my servers to write their event logs to the same location on each server?

CJ

Not applicable
Author

Bingo. The UNC path to the logs is autogenerated, so yes, the logs will need to be exported to the same directory on each server. Off the top of my head, I imagine you could write a powershell script to export them and then put that in the scheduled tasks OR, if you like powershell, run a powershell script on reload of the Qlikview file that tells each server to do the export.

Not applicable
Author

Lovely stuff, thanks for the help!

Now time to learn some PowerShell...

CJ