Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of Object Memory

I am using 8.5 and I have a qvw file which I consider to be quite small at 7MB in size. All the objects run satisfactorily in summary mode but when I try to create a transaction level object I always get "Out of object memory". There seems to be a limit of less than 2500 records!!!!

I have tried the following:

1. Using getPossibleCount to restrict the data works OK but I would like to remove this restriction.
  2. Settings > User Preferences > Objects tab > Calculated Formulas. Incremented from 1MB to 10MB.
  3. Settings > User Preferences > Objects tab > Sort By Express. Incremented from 2MB to 10MB
  4. Settings > User Preferences > Export tab > Export Memory. Increased from 1024MB to 1500MB

I do not understand what the problem is and how I can diagnose how to fix it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anthony

I changed my load scriptis and used information provided from UK Support. Pleassee my reply I have just posted to Sravan

Best regards

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem - it happens during a chart trying to reload - the data is big - around 400 millions

the Expression of the chart: if (Age='P 18-49',sum(P_18_49_Cost) ,sum(P_25_54_Cost))

And Age is the island I created - so user can select whether to choose P 18-49 or P 25-54

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Senjaya wrote:if (Age='P 18-49',sum(P_18_49_Cost) ,sum(P_25_54_Cost))

In your case at least, it almost certainly isn't the IF. Since it is outside of your aggregation, the IF should only be checked once, not once per record.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Senjaya.

I would see if the expression: sum(if (Age='P 18-49', P_18_49_Cost ,P_25_54_Cost) works any better

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Senjaya

Another thing to consider is a conditional load of the chart, as it will evaluate all 400 milion transactions all of the time.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

There were 2 table in the database one is local and 1 is national - but in Qlikview we combine them into 1 fact table - that's why it reach the 400 millions records - but the client can only can choose 1 and not both. - Is there any good way to separate both table into 2 separate fact table ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for the help - the sum(if) statement definitely was the fixed. - It removed the problem - now the chart work fine.

Regards,

Senjaya