Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freeze panes excel style?

I have a table box with two dimensions (Product Group, Department) and sales for months with their budgets etc,. Anyway, I want to reference a column with sales last year and earlier as fixed (next to the columns of the dimensions), the style of the excel freeze panes. Is it possible?.

Thank you all.

Felix

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In a pivot table the dimensions (both vertical and horizontal) are always fixed. If you want 'reference' columns you'll have to add them as calculated dimensions.

Something like =aggr(sum(Sales 2011),[Product Group],[Dpto.]) if you have a field Sales 2011. Maybe =aggr(sum({<Year={2011}>}Sales),[Product Group],[Dpto.]) if you have a field Year and a field Sales.

I don't know the names of your fields, only the labels from your screenshot, so change the names in the expression to whatever your field names are.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

can you provide any sample of your requirement

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The first two columns, when dimensions are fixed, the other has a horizontal scroll. I would like the column Sales 2001 Sales 2012 are fixed, as the first two and no scroll.

Thank you!

Captura.PNG

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In a pivot table the dimensions (both vertical and horizontal) are always fixed. If you want 'reference' columns you'll have to add them as calculated dimensions.

Something like =aggr(sum(Sales 2011),[Product Group],[Dpto.]) if you have a field Sales 2011. Maybe =aggr(sum({<Year={2011}>}Sales),[Product Group],[Dpto.]) if you have a field Year and a field Sales.

I don't know the names of your fields, only the labels from your screenshot, so change the names in the expression to whatever your field names are.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

use a straight table instead of table box . Define the set analysis value in expressions and Dimension in the Dimensions that will fix your issue. Or esle send us the sample data we can help you with the issue easily.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Perfect, it works correctly. thank you very much Gisbert!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Vinay thank you very much!, Gysbert solution has worked for me the first time.

Thank you both!