Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add Dimension labels to a stacked bar chart for gantt cart

I am builiding a quasi gantt chart using the bar chart in Qlikview. I don't need something as complex as a gantt chart, but something that basically shows Engieer name, Different user stories they are working on and Number of days it will take....This data model basicall has these fields:

Owner (dimension)

User Story (dimension)

To Do (number of days to complete the story)

Difficult task #1

I would like to display this data as number of days as Calendar dates always starting with today as the baseline. Right now, it is in Number of days, an integer not a date value

Difficult task #2

I would also like to display the text of the dimension (User Story) within the stacked bar chart. Right now I am displaying the Sum of the number of days for each Owner/User Story.

Difficult Task #3

I would like to skip weekends, and count only working days.

Please see my sketch to get a clearer picture, any suggestions very much appreciated!

gantt.png

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Task 1: You can build the dates into your datamodel, whereby you have a calendar and you assign flags of 1 or 0 for each day that an owner is involved in the project. You can then have date and owner as the primary and secondary dimensions and a sum of the flag to indicate work being done on the project.

Task 2: Tick Expressions > Values on datapoints, and also tick Presentation > Plot values inside segments

Task 3: You can change your date dimension (press Edit) to use the NetWorkDays() function, something like:

=if(NetWorkDays(TransDate,TransDate)=1,TransDate)

Hope this helps.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

This is very helpful, thank you.

Can you please provide some guidance on this script, I'm very new to QV scripting so I don't really know where to begin.

Bascially, I would need a script that does this (in pseudo code)

FOR each owner in table rally

day = Today()

FOR each user_story

FOR each task

if day is weekday

new.owner = owner

new.user_story = user_story

new.task = task

new.to_do_flag = 1

else

new.owner = owner

new.user_story = user_story

new.task = task

new.to_do_flag = 0

end

day = day +1

END

END

END

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your pseduo code would be possible within QlikView scripting, but would be using a hammer to crack a nut. To do this through more standard datamodel scripting, whereby you create tables and then manipulate them, you can:

1. create a master calendar that has an uninterrupted set of dates from a set min to max date.... either search for 'master calendar' or check out a post such as this one ...http://community.qlik.com/thread/48693

2. build a table of projects (or in your case project involvement) that sets up the projects, the owners and their start and end dates

3. create a linking table between the calendar and the project involvement tables, that contains one record for each day that a user is involved on a project. Within this table you could have the flag I mentioned that can then be summed up. This can be done using a command called 'interval match', which is discussed in the reference manual.

I can't provide code for this at the moment, but if you have a problem and I can try to provide some later in the week.

Jonathan