Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simongoodman
Creator
Creator

Excel, CrossTables

I have an excel document as the data source with a number of sheets each setting several blocs of data horizontally. So I have been using the Transformation and CrossTable to prepare data for Qlikview.

My first problem or question is there a way of importing textboxes?

My second relates to dates. Sorry if this seems both simple to resolve and obvious. Each sheet has month fields e.g. Jan-12. I have used Load * to take account of new monthly related data and QV shows them as numbers. I have unsuccessfully tried various formatting solutions in the document. Is there a script solution or do I need an expression in each table/chart?

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There is no way to import textboxes.

If your month fields are strings you should be able to make dates from them using the date# function.

date#(MyField,'MMM-YY') as MyDate. That will turn a string Jan-12 into the date January 1st, 2012 (with numeric value 40909).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
simongoodman
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, I had tried a few variations, the problem turns out to be CrossTable transforms strings into text and this was not obvious. I had to create a second LOAD that converted text to numeric then apply Date.