Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Newby Question - how do I publish to web?

I looked in FAQ, etc. but I seem to be failing at first hurdle.

I have QlikView running nicely - demo version only at the moment, licences on order.

I want to demonstrate my work so far on the web (which is intended ultimate destination for it), for now just on my local IIS. I can use the Tools | Objects Client Page Generator which then works fine in the QlikView app's window, but I'm not sure what to set up in IIS to run it in a normal browser.

I can set up a site, but it fails to find "Qva" as referenced in the JavaScript.

Do I need to install something else or is it just path names or permissions in some way?

Any help appreciated, I'm supposed to be demontrating this tomorrow! 🙂

13 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi again,

Just applied a bit of logical thinking, QV9 downloads are at http://ftp.qliktech.com/QvWebDownloads/Release900.asp.

Cheers,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Steve, I'll try those in case the full release install does things the beta didn't - perhaps assumed it would be an upgrade to an existing setup.

Really appreciate the help.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi There,

Please note the FTP site that I referenced above no longer exists. All downloads are now to be done from: http://www.qlik.com/download .

If you wish to download products other than QlikView Developer you will need to speak to your QV Partner, or QlikTech themselves.

I belive this has been done to provide them a bit more clarity over what is being downloaded, and to give a bit more power to their VAR channel.

Cheers,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

We have installed Qlikview Server 9.0.7119.4 and trying to publish dashboard on internet. Public IP NATing has been done till IIS and able to get the list of documents.But when tried to open does not work. Please suggest what configuration needs to be done in config.xml file and where to add the public domain.

Urget help appreciated.

FYI. If we keep the hostname in config file even that does not work in intranet. So we replace the same with IP address it works in tranet but on Internet again we have problem to open docs.