Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Dimension change

Hello,

I have a product hierarchy group that I am using a drill down dimension in QlikView straight table. It works as expected allowing me to drill down.

Problem: I have list boxes for each of the dimensions that are there in the above Product Hierarchy group. I want to have the table change its dimension to whatever is picked up from the list box and display it as dimension for all the measures in the table. Currently the dimension does not change in the table, but the data gets filtered for sure. Thats the default QlikView behavior I need to overcome.

I though of using calculated dimensions, but then how would I switch between Product Hierarchy Drill down group AND dimensions selected from the list boxes?

Please help.

Thanks

Raghu

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want to be able to select a dimension from a listbox with fields then look at the top chart in attached qvw. If you want the dimension in your chart to change on selecting values in a field listbox then look at the bottom chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

The second table helps a lot. However, it satisfies the second half of the requirement. By default the dimension should be my Drill down group and everyone should be able to drill down as ususal.

Then when someone selects from the list boxes, the drill down dimension should go away and use the calculated dimension that you are using in the second chart.

Makes sense?

Thanks

Raghu