Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loop and reduce error

I have a QlikView document which I am trying to distribute by means of a QlikView server task. Part of this task is looping and reducing the document based on a document field. Unfortunately this fails with the following error log:

(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Information: Commencing ReduceData
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: Could not run ReduceData. Exception=QVBWrapper.Exceptions.ReduceAndSaveFailedException: Failed to reduce and save document: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\61758d99-c74f-4290-82b2-fda854331ca5\document.qvw
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: at QVBWrapper.Document.ReduceAndSave(ILogBucket logBucket, String savePath, Boolean checkoutReducedDocument)
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: at QVBWrapper.Document.ReduceData(ILogBucket logBucket, Boolean reduce, String savePath, Boolean checkoutReducedDocument, Boolean save)
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: Failed to generate QVW files.. Exception=System.ArgumentException: Empty path name is not legal.
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: at QVBWrapper.Document.GetStream(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, eDocumentType i_DocumentType, String i_URL, Boolean i_ShowToolBar, String i_ReportID)
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabQVWFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Information: Deleting temporary files.
(2012-01-11 10:24:40) Information: Closing the document.

After contacting QlikView support it became clear the cause of the error is the availability of input fields in the document. So looping and reducing a document with input fields does not work and this appears to be a known bug of version 11 (Bug ID 44306). Currently there is no solution for it and they are working on it. As a workaround you could disable/remove the input fields for now.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

I have the same problem with reduced data in an application with input fields. Did you get some more information from QlikTech regarding Bug ID 44306 (like when do they except to have a solution)?

Not applicable
Author

The current status of the bug is "Under Investigation" so they are not working on a solution yet. I also do not know when they expect to have a solution for this issue. I assume they prioritize these bugs on severity, but probably also on the number of support cases they have so I would recommend to create a case for your issue as well.

Not applicable
Author

Today QlikView 11 SR1 has been released. According to the release notes this bug should be fixed.

Not applicable
Author

Today I upgraded our QlikView server to version 11 SR1 and the mentioned bug is indeed solved.

Not applicable
Author

It seems that the bug is not fixed even in version 11 SR2 or atleast its not fixed properly.

I see exact same behaviour in one of our document but only when I select "Always one selected value" for a list box in the qlikview document. Remove this setting and the publisher works fine but with setting in, it fails with error "Could not run ReduceData. "

Probably, Qliktech need to revisit this bug.