Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove licence key pop-up message?

Dear experts,

After installing Reload program on Customer server side, which enables to refresh database, I am prompted to enter a licence key and control number.

How can I remove this pop-up message?

PS:
  1. I looked into the QlikviewOCX Reference Manual which mentions about Registration. I followed the process but it didn't work
  2. I also have the manual license file LEF.TXT which was supposed to disable the license number message, but it didn't work

Thank you for your help

Francois

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Frncois,
Possibly something is wrong with the license itself. For example, more than once, I received an expired license for a client. Contact QlikTech support, usualy it takes short time to resolve.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Qliktech support has just given me the LEF info and it's the same info that I had already. The problem must be somewhere else.

Thanks for your comment anyway!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did they know about the problem?
Next step is to make sure that the user for whom the software is running has enough permissions. Maybe the license data can't be written into the registry because of lack of authority

Not applicable
Author

Yes I explained my problem to Qliktech support. They just provided me with LEF so far.

Do you mean by your comment that people that do not have authority, meaning that they never used any Qlikview related items, will face this license key pop-up message, even though the LEF is set correctly?

Before delivery of Reload to Customer, we tested it on a local PC internally which has never used any Qlikview related items. The same context will happen with Analyzer : at deployment on end-users PC, they would need to enter license key and control number if we don't do anything about it

I already used Qlikview items on my PC and when I installed upgraded Analyzer and Reload (for testing), I was not prompted to key in a license key. Probably because I already have enough permissions?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Francois,
I don't mean anything like that. Under user authority I mean the Windows level of permissions - admin, domain admin, user, power user, guest, etc. If user doesn't have enough permissions, he cannot install software.
I assume you know already that any QV software (except Analyzer) requires a license, that consists of serial and control numbers. When a user enters the license, QlikView connects to the QlikTech's licensing server which verifies the license, and copies the LEF.txt file on user's machine. If user cannot connect to the Internet, LEF can't be delivered. In this case QlikTech can send a file and tell what to do with it. If the license is not correct, it can't help.
I'm not sure what you mean under the "Reload" program. Is it QV Publisher? (Or there is something new I don't know about...) If it is Publisher, I recommend to login into Windows as a domain admin and run setup and licensing.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael

Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions 🙂

What I mean by "Reload program" is a software developed by ourselves that contains Qlikview OCX (8.5 version). It is aimed to refresh QVW files on the server side. We don't use QV Publisher

We got the correct license key and control number, but our Customer doesn't need to know these information and key in in the pop-up message. I think the problem will be solved if I find a way to to apply/input the license key and control number manually in the software (in the source code), so that end-user won't see any license pop-up when we deploy it

Indeed our Customer doesn't have Internet connection. Qliktech has sent us the LEF.file and we tried all the options to make it work, but it didn't. For example:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see now...
Yes, the proper way would be inserting the license "manually" by the deployment process, and placing the LEF file in the right place.

Not applicable
Author

You are right but the Reload software that we designed for our Customer doesn't enable us/the Customer to enter manually the LEF file. That is the problem.

That's why I am looking for a way to modify the source code of Reload software so that Customer won't have any manual work to do.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Any updates about this post? If yes please let me know.