Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 10 SR 2 server - NTFS authorization question

Hi Everybody

First I want to apoligize for my english, I am not a native english speaker.

I have a doubt about security. I know its really about windows permissions buy I want to ask here to know if somebody has had the same or similar problem before.

My client has a QlikView 10 SR2 instalation into a virtual machine with Windows 2008 R2 64 bits. They have the need to move that instalation to another virtual machine, so we have to create that virtual machine, install and configure the QV server software and move/copy all the report files from one machine to the other. The security of the QV server is set to NFTS authorization.

My doubt is if I can move/copy al the report files to the new server and the security of each file will be preserved in the new machine (the new machine will have the same security configuration that the older one: users and groups). I have to made an estimation of the time needed to do the migration and I need to know if the security will be preserved of I will have to set the security again for each file instead.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Take a look at Robocopy, it's a windows tools that allows you to copy files preserving security information.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Your best bet is move the source documents over and setup Publisher to redistribute the files.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, it sounds a good chance. I will try and I will keep you posted

Not applicable
Author

thanks, but unfortunately they don´t have a publisher licence just a server one.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Then you would have to setup the security on the new server for all the files.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Robocopy /sec will copy files and include security settings.

Robocopy /copyall will copy all file attributes including security http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocopy.