Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Postive and Negative value in Bar Chart

Hi All,

Please find the attached snapshot, Im displaying a BAR Chart with 4 Bar's where "Gold - Basic" and "Platinum - Gold" displays downward which is what I need and it is perfectly fine. But the value displayed there is shown as -1 instead I want the value to show me as 1 but still display the bar downward as shown in the attached image. Below is the expression I have used.

If(Change='Gold - Basic',-Count(SUB_ID),if(Change='platinum - Gold',-Count(SUB_ID),Count(SUB_ID)))

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Balu,

You want to show all the -ve values as +ve ?

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Why are you using - sign at each count.

If you just want +ve value then go for

subfield(your expression,'-')

Not applicable
Author

See my problem is if I remove the "-" sign against the expression then I will get all records as positive but I wont be able to display the chart on the negative side right?

Not applicable
Author

Actually it is not possible to show in barchart. If it is any stight or pivot you can use FABS() which gives only +ve value.

Coming to Bar chart still you want to show -ve as +ve, goto Axes->Scale-> 0 as static min but problem here is the bar cant be visible.

Not applicable
Author

So you only want to change the '-1' in '1'? If so you can do the following:

-Go to the properties of your chart.

-Click on the 'notations' tab

-Click on your expression

-There is a field with something like this '#.##0,00- '

-Just remove the '-' to make it like this '#.##0,00'

If this solves your problem then the credits must go to the user gwassenaar who gave this solution in another topic.