Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error Handling at Aplication

Hi QlikViewers,

I read some posts about error handling on community and have a few questions based on my requirements.

1. Can QlikView handle application based errors. Like if a divide by 0 happens as user is trying to interact with data, can this be logged as a fatal error?

2. Can QlikView alert the user in some situations like, if the start date is less that the end date in a date range selection, clicking on submit button pops a dialog box saying that start date cannot be less than end date?

3. My understanding is that a lot of custom logging can be done through VB macros, but I would like to reduce that to minimum. How much Out of the box logging can be done with QlikView (excluding the performance, event, session, and audit logs created by default)?

Please provide some insight in these topics.

Thanks

Raghu

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Raghu,

try QlikView Components for logging and error handling.

For the details see http://qlikviewnotes.blogspot.de/2012/01/introducing-qlikview-components.html

Greets

Klaus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for this. I can use the log subroutine from here to spit out my own logs. However, I would like to know if this logging can be used inside an expression. Can I call this function from within an expression?

Thanks

Raghu