Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart properties - Reference Lines

Hi,

any idea how I can make the greed dotted reference lines stop at the where the two main lines cross?

Also, do you know where I can format the reference lines lables - i.e. text direction, text position, etc?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You could try something like this, which uses an expression instead of a reference line.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You could try something like this, which uses an expression instead of a reference line.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rebecca!

This is great - had tried something similar but didn't get the result. However, now I'm trying to replicate what you did to trace the line that goes from 38000 on x to the interception and i don't seem to be able too...

Can you help please?

Thanks again!

Linda

Not applicable
Author

Sure. Where are you stuck?

Not applicable
Author

Well I'm simply trying to use the same kind of expression you created to also trace a vertical dotted line that goes from 38000 on the x axis to where the the blue and red lines cross. However it just doesn't work.

I've tried all of the following but they either give me an horizontal dotted line that goes from 0 to 38000 and overlaps the x axis or they give just one dot sitting on th ex axis at Quantity 38000.

=if(sum(K+ (v*Quantity))<=2280000 and Quantity=38000,38000)

=if(sum(K+ (v*Quantity))<=2280000,38000)

=if([Costo totale]<=2280000 and Quantity=38000,38000)

=if([Costo totale]<=2280000,38000)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Linda

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca,

Any joy with this? That would be really helpful...

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

I played around with it for a bit and couldn't seem to figure out how to get the vertical line to stop where we wanted it. I think you may need to call in swuehl or Gysbert for this one... sorry!!

Not applicable
Author

What is the logic to add vertical line using expression? I cannot figure it out even after played with your sample. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

The idea is to show visually what are the two values (on x and y) that determine the point where the two main lines cross.