Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Apply License Issue

I have all the information ready to apply license for our new build Qlikview Server. However when I click on "Apply License" it pop-up a windows say that I have to restart the qlikview which is fine. However all the Serial number and Owner name Organization are gone after I click on the ok button on the po-up. I also see a "Success" message on the right bottom corner above "Apply License. what can it go wrong? Thanks.

I am using Qlikview10 SR5 Server

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I've seen issues like this before, a few reasons why it might be happening.

- The user running services isnt a local server admin

- An antivirus/antispyware software is running and block the user

- UAC is enabled

- If it's a virtual machine, the user running the services profile is corrupted, try creating a new one.

Not applicable
Author

I resolve my problem by reinstalling qlikview server.

That is a step I did it wrong during the installation. I click "I want to specify the account to be used for the services later." so no service is runnning at the time when I apply the license.

However I have other questiona about this. It suppose to allow user to use a domain account to run the service. But when I use the Browe button, I dont see my Domain. so I have to use a local account to run the service.

Is this a Qlikview Installation Bug? Thanks

QVInstall.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is normally caused by the firewall being enabled on the machine.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

We turn off all the Firewall before the installation.

and since all Qlikview server is orginally join to that Domain. so When we install Qlikview, It should see the Domain automatically. However only the server name itself show under "Browse"

Thanks for your quick response.