Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

if statement help

I have an IF statement that isnt working.  I am trying to use this if statement in my dimension. 

I want my dimension to show buckets of Sales per Agent.  I want to have categories :

0-2

3-4

5-6

7+

Sales per Agent.

=if(aggr(if(count([eAppSaleMetric])<=2, 1, 0), [Agent Name],dual('0-2',1),
if(aggr(if(count([eAppSaleMetric])>=3 and count([eAppSaleMetric])<=4, 1, 0), [Agent Name], dual('3-4',2),

if(aggr(if(count([eAppSaleMetric])>=5 and count([eAppSaleMetric])<=6, 1, 0), [Agent Name, dual('5-6',3),

if(aggr(if(count([eAppSaleMetric])>=7, 1, 0), [Agent Name] ,   dual('7+',4)))))))))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

3 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

You sould use aggr and ifs properly:

=aggr(if(count([eAppSaleMetric])<=2, 1, 0),

dual('0-2',1),

if(count([eAppSaleMetric])>=3 and count([eAppSaleMetric])<=4, 1, 0),

dual('3-4',2),

'...'))

,[Agent Name])

So that you iterate with aggr over each [Agent Name] classifing it along the count([eAppSaleMetric]) value (returning the class).

Hope this helps.

upd:

=aggr(if(count([eAppSaleMetric])<=2, dual('0-2',1),

if(count([eAppSaleMetric])<=4, dual('3-4',2), '...'))

,[Agent Name])

Not applicable
Author

Ok, so I corrected my Aggr IF statement and I am still having issues...any suggestions.  Thank you.

aggr(if(count([eAppSaleMetric])<=2, 1, 0), dual('0-2',1),

if(count([eAppSaleMetric])>=3 and count([eAppSaleMetric])<=4, 1, 0), dual('3-4',2),

if(count([eAppSaleMetric])>=5 and count([eAppSaleMetric])<=6, 1, 0), dual('5-6',3),

if(count([eAppSaleMetric])>=7, 1, 0), [Agent Name] ,   dual('7+',4))

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Oh... you've corrected them even better than me ))

I think this one is what you're looking for:

=aggr(if(count([eAppSaleMetric])<=2, dual('0-2',1),

if(count([eAppSaleMetric])<=4, dual('3-4',2),

if(count([eAppSaleMetric])<=6, dual('5-6',3), dual('7+',4)))), [Agent Name])

Sorry, didn't noticed the logic of your ifs yesterday, just mechanically corrected aggr() syntax.