Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV9 AccessPoint - No Server?

I recently installed QV9 on a new server (never ran 8.5 on this one, so their shouldn't be any upgrade issues), and any time I try to use the AccessPoint at http://localhost/QlikView/, it simply says, in big bold letters, "No Server." In the status bar up above, it says "0 of 1 QVS's is running."

QlikView Server itself appears to be running perfectly fine, since I can access a document by entering its path directly into the address bar (e.g., qvp://localhost/Test.qvw), so it seems to be a matter of the AccessPoint not detecting the server correctly. With the exception of including IIS support during the QVS installation, I left everything with default settings. Has anyone else run into a similar issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Matt,

I've decided to go the windows server 2003 route

Edited the config.xml at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QvWebServer and all is good now 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Spoke too soon; it just decided to stop working again. Reboots, service restarts get me nowhere....

This is very unstable behavior for a released product..

r3iuk
Creator
Creator

Doing what Matt suggested (i.e. full uninstall then re-install) is what I did to home in on the problem.

It is a shame but it does look like 9.0 might be a bit flakey (often a problem with x.0 versions) - let's hope 9.1 is better and comes soon. I was thinking about downgrading back to 8.5 during my investigations but 8.5 wouldn't reinstall for some reason so I've had to persevere with 9.0.

Thankfully the "No Server" problem has not returned at our site, and I'm leaving the settings in the Console Manager well alone for the moment!

Not applicable
Author

I have been trying to get rid of CALs error when I try to access applications from the Accesspoint. Have you been facing any kind of authenfication errors ?

Not applicable
Author

Still not fixed; I've done the uninstall, cleanup, reinstall thing -- no luck

When will QlikTech be putting out a proper installer?

Not applicable
Author

The current version isnt that stable that you should use it in Production was I told by the QlikTech Team. After summer perhaps.

Not applicable
Author

I have also heard from some of the QlikTech staffers that it really won't be ready for primetime until SR1. It seems that they've pulled a Microsoft and just released a beta as a final product. I was really suprised to see them stick to their original release date for QV9 given the amount of bugs that were still popping up in the final Release Candidate.

philip_doyne
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Matt; QVBlah: It seems you are using IIS - is this essential for you - I found I had less problems of that nature using the QlikView Web Server. You do need to make the decision at install time. It seems (not unreasonably) that it is unwise to have both QlikView Web Server and IIS web service running at the same time - might be worth checking. Sorry if this is too basic!! Philip

Not applicable
Author

What would we use for an access point then? I couldnt find this with just the QlikViewWebServer installed.

The installation materials were ... verbose

Not applicable
Author

Its true that you shouldnt have both QlikView server and the ordinary IIS running. One problem which could occur is authenfication problems.