Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV9 AccessPoint - No Server?

I recently installed QV9 on a new server (never ran 8.5 on this one, so their shouldn't be any upgrade issues), and any time I try to use the AccessPoint at http://localhost/QlikView/, it simply says, in big bold letters, "No Server." In the status bar up above, it says "0 of 1 QVS's is running."

QlikView Server itself appears to be running perfectly fine, since I can access a document by entering its path directly into the address bar (e.g., qvp://localhost/Test.qvw), so it seems to be a matter of the AccessPoint not detecting the server correctly. With the exception of including IIS support during the QVS installation, I left everything with default settings. Has anyone else run into a similar issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Philip: As QVBlah said, I couldn't seem to get some sites (like the AccessPoint) to work with just the QVWebServer running, and it doesn't give you the same level of control you have with IIS (or at least what you'd need to do to move/create sites and pages is not nearly so obvious). If the QVWebServer were easier to administer, and I could tell more easily what it was hosting where, I might be more inclined to try to use it. I'm also with QVBlah on the installation materials: there may be a whole lot of text, but there isn't much information on the installation process and troubleshooting it.

As a side note, it seems that some instance of the QVWebServer is running, regardless of whether or not the service is enabled, to provide access to the new Management Console and Enterprise Management Console, leading to a question of what, exactly, you are disabling if you turn of the QVWebServer service.

Not applicable
Author

Same problem here.. No server message in accesspoint while the services are running. Difference here is that I'm using the qlikview 9 webserver instead of IIS allthough IIS is running to host other websites. Can somebody suggest me what to do to resolve this problem best?

I think:

Delete settings, reinstall qlikview server 9 and install it with iis as webserver

but then again I've heard that there are problems to get qv server 9 running descently on iis...

Not applicable
Author

Hi! My experience is that the problem occour when you enter the Server Login fields (username/Password) in QV Enterprise Management Console -> System -> Setup -> QlikView Servers -> General. At first my AccessPoint was working fine. Then I entered a server username and password, and the problem you desribe occoured. Then I left the fields blank and everything works fine again. I also use IIS on the same server ( in addtion to Win 2003 server SR2 X64 and QVS 9 SR1).

I guess this is a possible solution to your problem or your problem might be a different matter, but I can't explain why this happens. I believe that it is related to the client users security settings. /ken

Not applicable
Author

I had this same issue and your fix worked.

Thanks.

juanlara
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Thank you Ken, this worked for me. I have QVS 9 SR1 on Windows Vista.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ken!

thats it!!!

thanks you

millnet-maho
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I have the same problem on two customers' servers, while on the third, which appears to be configured the same, it works. That one is 64-bit however.On one of the two problematic servers QMC and QEMC even fail to talk to QVS. I've tried reinstalling and made sure that no spurious username and password is filled in, as well as edited config.xml.

The following from QvWebServer\Log\*.txt looks interesting:

2010-08-31 10:54:00.4340000 Information <Global method="GetAuthenticatedUser"></Global>

2010-08-31 10:54:00.5277500 Information <Global><_retval_></_retval_></Global>

2010-08-31 10:54:00.5902500 Error System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Failed to authenticate as administrator. QVSServer=server

at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer..ctor(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Hostname, Int32 i_Port, Mode i_Mode)

at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer..ctor(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Hostname, Mode i_Mode)

at QlikView.WebServer.QlikviewServerSetting.Connect()

at QlikView.WebServer.QlikviewServerSetting.Try(Func`2 f, Func`1 fail)

at QlikView.WebServer.QlikviewClusterSettings.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<Try>b__0()

at QlikView.WebServer.QlikviewClusterSettings.Try(Func`2 f, Func`1 fail)

at QlikView.WebServer.QlikviewServer.Try(IQlikviewServer c, Func`2 f)

at QlikView.WebServer.FileScan.ScanQlikViewServers(IEnumerable`1 servers, Action`2 i_Logger, IUser user, Int32& liveQvsCount)

AccessPoint says "Logged in as: SERVER\Administrator " however.