Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding a chart in a pop-up window

Is it possible to present a chart as a pop-up window?

I need to present as a pop-up or information window a bar chart or a line chart. I thought I could use Info Load and put a reference in there, but even if it would work for a picture (I haven't tried it) I need a qlikview object with the updated data; I don't know how to create that reference. Is there anybody who knows about it?

Thank you in advance,

/Yolanda

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Don't understand your requirement exactly, but any sheet object can be hidden using the Show conditonal option on the Layout properties. I use buttons to change variables to 0 or 1 which I then test in the show conditional.

Word of warning is that if you go the macro route of openning up new browser windows, you may find it isn't supported by QlikView when clients are connecting directly with browsers (i.e. the Ajax zero-footprint client).

Jonathan

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That won't work with an info load afaik. What you could do is use text boxes and charts that show/hide by clicking on other text boxes. In this demo document you can find a very nice example on the Campaign Details tab. Click on the Filter by Date 'button' (it's a text box) or the 'I' info button next to it. That's the kind of pop-ups you can create in Qlikview. It's all done by showing and hiding objects as needed.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert,

I implemented a text box that minimize or restore the plot, but my client wants something similar to what a tool they have in flash shows, that is when you put the mouse over a region you get a pop-up with a chart. Do you know if there is possibility of doing that with Workbench?

/Yolanda