cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar_Date in X axis representation Q<Number> and Year

Hi All,

We have requirement to display a Bar chart with sales on Y axis and  week in the X axis (Each Bar represents a week). X axis text as Quarter<Number> and year see image below.Pleaes help me to find the exact configurations we need to use to proceed on.

Data Model:

Calendar_Date

Sales

QVW: Attached

Visualization:

WeeklySales.jpeg

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It's possible to use the Dual() function for your dimension but the problem you run into is with sizing. Here is an example of what I mean. Maybe one of the guys on here will have a better solution for you.

Not applicable
Author

here you can find the working Quarter script.

http://community.qlik.com/message/318403#318403

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Since I have granualr level data (Daily date) Is there any configuration in my Axis setting to group them what ever is the way I want?.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Since I have granualr level data (Daily date) Is there any configuration in my Axis setting to group them what ever is the way I want?.

Not applicable
Author

could you elaborate further ?

i see you are doing a simple sum(), to see by date might be quite heavy, you can convert those date to month_year ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dimension is not always same month_year it is depending on the selected Year textbox(1YR/3YR/5YR/10YR).

X- Axis value are

a. 1YR – Daily

b. 3 YR- Monthly

c. 5YR-Quarterly

d. 10YR-Quarterly

We always have daily data and my ask is that can we change these groups dynamically in Axis tab?.

Thanks

Dasu.G

Not applicable
Author

you can probably try ...

if(GetFieldSelections(yeartextbox)= '1 YR', expression,

if GetFieldSelections(yeartextbox)= '3 YR', ..... )