Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ajax client causes QVS.exe to become unresponsive

We're having a strange problem that I would appreciate some thoughts on. We have a semi-large application that tracks transactions. The main table has around 1.3M rows, with twenty or so surrounding tables. When using the IE Plugin to view this, all is well.

However, when it is opened with the Ajax client, the QVS.exe process on the server shoots to 100% CPU usage and after 60 seconds it timeouts. During this time, the web interface is unresponsive if another client tries to use it. After the timeout (or when the user closes the unresponsive browser window) the web interface becomes responsive again after 10-20 seconds.

What could cause this behaviour, and why is the server acting so differently depending on which client is used to access the interface? I don't think our data set is very big at all, so what would happen if it were to grow from here?

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Go ahead and open a case with QlikView Support.
As always provide as much information as possible since I haven't seen this issue before.
The 60 second timeout is a limitation in the OS but from QVS 9.00.7320 (SR2) you are able to control the number of seconds allowed by the idle connection.
However it doesn't explain the poor performance you experience in Ajax.

Regards,

Gustav

Not applicable
Author

We, too, have noticed a HUGE difference between AJAX and IE Plug-in performance. The IE Plug-in app responds withing 1-2 seconds and the AJAX app takes upwards of 30-45 seconds to render a selection. Are there settings we can adjust to improve the performance of the AJAX app? We're using AJAX for our clients that access their apps via the web because we don't have to mess with getting their network folks to open up ports and allow the Active X download and installation.

Any info. would be much appreciated.

thanks,

rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi, i got the same problem, and i solved it using Firefox instead IE or Change your Internet Explorer version to 8 at least

See You

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

I am experiencing this AJAX client performance challenges in the recent QlikView 10 SR2 version. However, the application is blazing fast in IE client. Is there any solution for this issue? Please find below our environment details.

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz 2.67GHz (6 Processors)

Installed Memory (RAM): 32.0 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

Browser Client: AJAX zero footprint

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Known bug, hopefully it will be fixed by SR3.

http://community.qlik.com/message/118353#118353

Not applicable
Author

We seem to be experiencing this issue with IE8 and QlikView 11 SR2.

Response times with the plug-in are 2-3 seconds, without the plug-in it can be 30 - 45 seconds. 

It seems like this issue has been outstanding for around three years.

Does QlikTech have any suggestions please ?

Not applicable
Author

Same here.

Sometimes, in the taskmanager, we can see the qvs process up to 100% CPU usage!

anyone experienced this?