Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reloading a file doesn't update the log file

Hello,

I am trying to load a Excel file through the QMC it shows it is loaded but when I go to accesspoint and open the  application I don't see the file in the list and the  associated log file is also not being updated?

Can any one let me know why this is happening?Does restarting services would resolve this issue?

I am using Qlikview server 11 SP1.Also,can you suggest me what would be the best way to restart the services?

Thank you.

5 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Surely it is possible that services have to be restarted but it would be better to take a look to the log files generated during pubblication in server directory. Anyway try to restart services at first simply going in service manager (it depends on the windows release) ,click on the service and restarrt it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thankyou Alexandros.

Can you please let me know where to check the log files for publication in server directory?

Does it provide any additional information apart from the application log file?

Talking about the restarting the services, I am using the Windows server 2008.

Also,I forgot to mention earlier that I tried reloading the same file by renaming it and it works fine.Is this kind of problem with QDS not restarting?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Just trying to make sure here..did you create a task for the qvw youa re updating and ran the task to distribute it to the Accesspoint?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No,I have not created any task to update it.

Everytime when ever I want to load a file I just go to QMC and reload it manually.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

After going through all the server logs it was found there's a corrupt file in our QVPR responding to that specific QVW name. Once you rename the QVW, it creates a new QVPR entry, and this entry is not corrupted.

The other helpful options if thi kind of scenario rises would be:

1)Restarting the server itself and

2)Upgrade the server to the QV11 SR2 (11440) as this more stable version.

Thanks.