Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

View selection based on set analysis

Hi,

Is it possible to save the items in a set analysis eg. {Set1*Set3} to a bookmark and then recall the bookmark to get the selection returned by {Set1*Set3}?

Best regards

Dalle

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

FYI

Set1 and Set3 represent two bookmarks.

BR

Dalle

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Dalle

I don't think you can save the set selection, but you can make selections in the normal way, create a bookmark and then use the bookmark in a set expression; as in sum({BM01} Sales)

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Jonathan:

My problem is that I want to see the items of the result in a set analysis. Eg. if I use count the set analysis will return 4. Now I want to know which four items?

You know what I mean?

/Dalle

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As I said, I don't think there is any easy way to "get" the set expression, but you could make it reusable

• using a bookmark, as explained before. Here you could select the bookmark  to see the detail 4 lines.
  • or saving the set expression in a variable and using that variable in the set expression in your object, and in the expressions for a detail table.

But its an interesting idea - perhaps you should log it on the ideas page.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein