Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

TODAT FUNCTION

When i set an expressionto use the today() to calc network days it works great.  However when I refresh the app it will not refresh this column.  The only way this column gets freshed is when I close the app and restart it.  is there a way around this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is strange...  BTW, the correct result today is 5, not 6.  In any case, I recommend some changes.  Most important, redefine "today" as the reload time rathter than actual current date:

NetWorkDays(MonthStart(ReloadTime()),floor(ReloadTime())-1)

Regards,
Michael

View solution in original post

8 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What expression you are using?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

NetWorkDays(MonthStart(Today()),(Today())-1)

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Expression seems to be ok.

Is it possible for u to send the QVW file, with the data.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

How do I add the QVW file?  Also, the function works great.  lets say it yields "5" days for the field, the next day I can come in and try to refresh the file and it will still say "5" days', however if I close the app down and open it back up it will then say "6" days. 

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It appears to be a strange behavior.

You can click on "Use Advanced Editor" above the post area, to include the attachment.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

I am using the personal edition.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is strange...  BTW, the correct result today is 5, not 6.  In any case, I recommend some changes.  Most important, redefine "today" as the reload time rathter than actual current date:

NetWorkDays(MonthStart(ReloadTime()),floor(ReloadTime())-1)

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

I will give this a try, thanks soooo much for your help!!