Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help to understand about Hierarchy and HierarchyBelongsTo with example!

Hi All

After going through the help file\reference manual, still I am not very clear about how Hierarchy and HierarchyBelongsTo works in qlikview. Can someone please explain the same with some example in a simple way so that newbie can understand the same. Also it would be great if you can provide some sample document as well.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Attitude

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Attitude,

Hierarchy allows you to build the structure, which allows you to see / locate where is my "selected" position within the tree structure.

For example, if you build an "Employee" hierarchy based on employee vs manager, then you can find who this employee reports to. At the same time, let's say you're trying to find out how many hours you work this week, then you can see the hours comparison amongst:

1. other employees under the same manager; OR

2, other employees under different manager, but still on the same level as you are.

HierarchyBelongsTo allows you to build a structure which allow you to see the total hours of all employees under your manager. Please check out this link, as it helps how I understand it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywz8WNitL1k

Cheers,

kanhomcake
Contributor III
Contributor III

hi AWQVUser,

I've found that your given link is very useful. It really helps solve my problem

Million thanks for sharing

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kanhomcake,

Glad to hear that it helps you too

Cheers,

Anton