Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iliyansomlev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to lock a specific view of the access point for a given user

Hi everyone,

Do you know if it is possible to lock the view of the access point for a given user? I have assigned Category for each app in my access point and I have noticed that access point automatically opens in the last category of apps I visited. This means that there is a setting somewhere as to what apps are visible on the access point to me  when I open it. Do you know where this setting is recorded?

Of course I can select a different group then and see the other apps too, but it would be great if we can set each user to specific Category of apps - first we could control what users see and second it would be so much more convenient for the users to find the info they need.

Do you know if it is possible to lock a specific user to predetermined Category?

(I mean the Categories that are manually created on Documents->Document Information) /QV SBE server 11 SR2/.

Cheers

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can set users rights by using Publisher or manually setting NTFS permissions. If a user doesn't have rights to a document it will not show up in the AccessPoint.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
iliyansomlev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Bill,

Our client doesn't have Publisher license and I can't access users (AD) to set permissions. I see only a group of users and obviously if I want to use this approach I have to ask the client's CIO to do it, which is not always easy.

Is there another way?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you were not using SBE you could use DMS mode to do it. You could try using section access to see if that would work for you.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.