Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView 11 Tutorial

I installed QlikView 11 for x86, and after launching it, it gave a link to "Download Tutorial" which takes me to the website.  I filtered downloads and installed QlikView_DocumentationAndTutorial_Complete_Setup.exe.  This installs 11 PDF files, each in a different language.  But I do not see a tutorial.  Did it perhaps install it somewhere that I am missing?

I appreciate any help, thanks

Brian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The files are installed under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ if you you did not change the path during the installation.

The tutorial should then be located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView Tutorial\English (Depending on what lanugage you're looking for..

If you want this in a different location you can try removing the tutorial and documentation with you installer.

Then do an advanced installation. This will actually lety you specify the path.

Regards, Jakob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The files are installed under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ if you you did not change the path during the installation.

The tutorial should then be located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView Tutorial\English (Depending on what lanugage you're looking for..

If you want this in a different location you can try removing the tutorial and documentation with you installer.

Then do an advanced installation. This will actually lety you specify the path.

Regards, Jakob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help!

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi there,

I am completely new to the QlikView world, too. I have for some years done things that would nowadays be called "BI", but using other tools. I have spent some days searching for the best place to start learning, the Website isn't awfully helpful here since the link "Tutorial" in the Personal_Edition does not lead directly to the Tutorial and the download for a Tutorial is somewhat well hidden. Well, I found it now.

QlikView seems to be quite an impressive tool - I will get some on-site training here next month, but I want to learn as much as I can before that. We have a rather large number of Crystal_Reports here, some of which at least should in the medium run be ported to QlikView. From what I have gathered so far, one QlikView_application holding a specified set of data could be sufficient to replace a number of reports (or rather, to produce a number of pieces_of_information since the need with most of the staff is for one specific piece of information.

Talk to you soon,

DataNibbler

P.S.: O_O - can it be that after searching for this Tutorial, it is nothing else but the reference_manual that I already have? That is not so awfully helpful in learning, just judging by its size, it's more suited for - well, referral. Isn't there something like a - well, a tutorial?

Message was edited by: datanibbler

P.P.S.: The reference_manual - the one I downloaded as "Tutorial" - also mentions this "tutorial" 😉 - but it seems that is a circle that leads nowhere - I have downloaded the correct file, so downloading it again won't change matters, but I cannot see that there is anything else in that file but the 1000page-manual...