Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extensions on server

Hey,

I read probably all the posts about qlikview extensions (not) working on servers but I still cannot get it work. I have WebPageViewer extension working perfectly on Desktop client but it remains unknow chartype or invisible when I open the document in server or in AccesPoint.

What I did:

-I put WebPageViewer extension folder on C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

-I set C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions as Alternate Extensions Path in QMC.

I don't have any more ideas. I believe there might be some little step I missed but I cannot figure it out.

Thank you in advance.

13 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

You would also need to allow extensions through the QMC. Go to system -> QlikView Server -> Security -> Allow extensions. You will find the checkbox under Miscellaneous

Not applicable
Author

"Unknown chart type" is the way of displaying extensions in the desktop client in standard mode (i.e. not webview) or the IE plugin. You must use the ajax client to view your extension on a server document.

Not applicable
Author

The box is checked..

Not applicable
Author

In AJAX client the extension is invisible

Not applicable
Author

exten.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi

We are facing the same issue and i was wondering wether you found a workaround?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I think the problem here is that the display mode is not a real WebView mode (you can check this by context menu). So, in this case you should rather use the Ajax client.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

I didn't get what you mean with "display mode is not real WebView mode". Can you be more specific?

Thank you.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

If you open a doc in server with QlikView desktop it switches into WebView. However it's obviously different then WebView of local a doc or the Ajax client.

Astrato.io Head of R&D