Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

cannot see document using IE, but with full browser version

Hi

when users connect in the access point using IE plug in, they receive a window message, that they need to connect  to the server. But when using full browser version, it is fine.

when i connect via IE plug in, i get a line message

"qvp://"serverIPAddresse"/?iisauthenticated.......localhost could not be found"

our qv server had a name, and i changed it with the IP Address, so that there is no mismatch with server name and server IP when using the plug in, according to a QV document on trouble shooting when this message appears.

With full browser version it works fine, but the customers want to use the IE Plug In.

do you know why is this happening?  Do i need to install extra files in the QVS? (the folder QvTunnel) was not installed and therefore QvsTunnel.dll is not in the QVS. Could this be the cause of the problem? in the QMC the option "always tunnel" is not checked.

thanks for any comment

felipe

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

What error do you see? The port 4747 has to be open between the client and QlikView server.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

i do not see an error window, just a window "connect to server".

every time i log in in the access point i get this. When cancelling, i get "failed to open document" (window), and finally the line i previously mentioned. "qvp://........ could not open document". i use QVS v.11.0

this happens only when i try to open with IE plug in, not with the full browser version

our uses want to use IE plug in. what should i do to avoid this window? when you say, the port 4747 has to be open, how should i proceed?

thanks

felipe

server connection.png

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

i changed in the management console the QVWS access point settings, local host, by my IP Address and it worked with the plug in. I have the IE Plug in for all documents as default, but i realized it is slower than the full browser version, is there any reason for that?