Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression in Search String via Action button

I'm trying to perform the following search string expression to select dates greater than >= in a master Calendar

Plan to re-use it various forms once I get this working.  Thanks

Want this to select >= dates. I can hard code it to work like this >=2/14/2012

>='=AddYears(AddMonths(Today(),-1),-1)'

='=AddYears(AddMonths(Today(),-1),-1)'  will select all dates.

This works:

=AddYears(AddMonths(Today(),-1),-1)

2013-03-14_103033.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The key is wrapping it in single quotes and concating the expression parts using  ‘ & ’

I tested it in a text box to make sure it was rendering it as a regular string vs. the expression. QVW attached as well

='>='&'$(vLastYear)'

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you attach the sample application

Not applicable
Author

Sure, just attached to original post. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

The key is wrapping it in single quotes and concating the expression parts using  ‘ & ’

I tested it in a text box to make sure it was rendering it as a regular string vs. the expression. QVW attached as well

='>='&'$(vLastYear)'

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

I've got a similar problem, but simply cannot get it to work. Maybe you've got an idea:

Like you I need a search string button. But I'd like to enter the search value in an Input Box (much like any ordinary web search 🙂 ).

I already tried several sytnax (varying quotation marks,etc...) of the following manner in a 'selection in field'-button:

='LIKE'&'$(variable)'

but this won't work.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Greetings

Wiley_E_

P.S: I know, that I could simply use the search function in a multibox-field. However, later on, I need to look for the desired expression in several fields at once. Therefore the multibox is no option.

Not applicable
Author

This post is the most similar to your request. http://community.qlik.com/message/137680#137680

They dont use LIKE, but use Sum with Set analysis in one example. using wildcard asterisks  AB*

Where mine was evaulating dates so I used >= operators to limit range but syntax applies.

aslo may want to use wildmatch for string searches shown in post above

if(WildMatch(customer_type,'*AD*'),'Yes','No')as AD worked..

Hope this helps