Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reloading the script overrides section access rules...

Hi all

This is my first post...apologies if this topic has been discussed.

If already there, any link to it would suffice...else here's my issue...

I have created a section access something like this:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, NTDOMAINSID,PVCA_DWH_STUDY_ID

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN, *, *,*

USER, USER1, USER1, *, *,-2

USER, USER2, USER2, *, *,-1

];

Now, 

I save as a new *.qvw file and when I reopen the report with different user id's ...it works fne.

when I login as a USER1 it shows me only the -2's BUT when I do a "Reload" script ...its prompts me to "save as" ...and here if I "cancel" the operation

ALL the data gets loaded into the report thereby overriding the section access privileges.

Cant understand where am going wrong...Any idea??

Thanks

Madhu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi and welcome to the QlikCommunity,

What happens to you is what is expected to happen, how else could you reload all information without seeing it? What you can do, however, is to avoid users to reload the document, logging in the document as ADMIN, the to the Settings menu, Document Properties, Security tab and unchecking "Reload" from the user privileges list.

So in your case, when USER1 and USER2 log in, will see all their respective information, but they will not be able to reload and therefore not be able to see any non corresponding information.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi and welcome to the QlikCommunity,

What happens to you is what is expected to happen, how else could you reload all information without seeing it? What you can do, however, is to avoid users to reload the document, logging in the document as ADMIN, the to the Settings menu, Document Properties, Security tab and unchecking "Reload" from the user privileges list.

So in your case, when USER1 and USER2 log in, will see all their respective information, but they will not be able to reload and therefore not be able to see any non corresponding information.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I did it and got it resolved…thanks for your help..

Madhu