Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielle_v
Creator
Creator

Add an Action / Trigger to an Object

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but what I'd like to do is to assign a trigger to a specific object (a bar chart) so that if a selection is made within this chart, a different sheet is activated.

I can't assign a trigger to the field, as I have a list box on the sheet containing the field in question, and I don't want to activate another sheet if a selection is made from the list box.... only if the selection is made within the bar chart.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks,

Danielle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A simple way to do this would be to duplicate the column in your data model...... e.g.

Table:

Load

a,

b,

b as b1

From.........

Then you can use the "new" (in this instance b1) column in your chart then assign the trigger to that column.

Cheers.

ABY.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Danielle,

Try to implement trigger by the field, but with an additional condition that the chart is active.  Not sure if it is possible without macro.

Regards,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A simple way to do this would be to duplicate the column in your data model...... e.g.

Table:

Load

a,

b,

b as b1

From.........

Then you can use the "new" (in this instance b1) column in your chart then assign the trigger to that column.

Cheers.

ABY.

danielle_v
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you both for your suggestions!

I actually went for Adam's suggestion and it worked perfectly - such a simple idea, but one I never would have thought of!

Thanks again!