Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview file share resiliency

Hi All,

We will shortly be setting up a QV cluster which (unfortunately) requires a Windows file share, and I was wanting to know how resilient it is to outages.

IE. If we have a clustered windows file share where one of the nodes fails, and it takes 30 or so seconds for it to fail over, will QV survive this downtime? If it doesn't survive the failover gracefully what happen? Will it hang for a time until it notices, will the services restart and how long can we expect the service to be down for after the failover event?

Hopefully this hasn't been asked before, I did Google but I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks,

Karl

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView does not have any failover features. You will have to use Windows for that and QlikView is not Cluster aware. So, if node one fails, the users will lose connection and will have to reconnect.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Just for clarification I meant QVS Cluster  === points to ===> Windows failover cluster hosting a file share.

Would QlikView essentially recover on the first user activity after the file server cluster comes back up?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The issue is that they .pgo, .share, and .meta files are wrote and read all the time. This will cause the issue. The QVW is open in memory by QVS and that should be OK.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.