Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field_Comments

Hi

I am having a field 'name' and i am taking it form .csv file format. In that file 'name' field is stored as '//name' i.e. with comment. Now when i load table in qlikview it is loaded with the field commented.

Can anyone tell how to load the field without comment marks. I am working in QV10 version.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

try this

when you load your field from csv then it is//

when load it in script to perform task then use use that field name in square bracket like this

[//name]. it works fine

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

try this:

mid('//name',3 )

sushil353
Master II
Master II

if you have '//' in the other position too..

Then try

purgechar ( '//name','//' )

Not applicable
Author

name test.png

here is the issue that when i pick up the table from csv it picks the name field as '//name'. Due to this it takes the name field commented.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I would suggest you to go to CSV and change there only.

I had thought of Rename field function but that will also not work in your case.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Your suggestion is Right. Same thing I told to my client. But they refused to change anything in the file.

Please provide any other solution.

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

try this

when you load your field from csv then it is//

when load it in script to perform task then use use that field name in square bracket like this

[//name]. it works fine

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I agree with Mohit.

This works fine.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki    

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thnx 2 all