Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III

How to put the label of expr 1 and expr 2 in the chart's title

Hello,

I would like to put the name of expression 1 and the name of expression 2 in the window title of my chart.

I do not want to just type it. I want Qlikview to look up what the label of expression 1 and expression 2 is.

Why do I want to do this? I created a template scatter plot and I want to reuse it multiple times by cloning it. If I can refer to the expression names. I only have to change the expressions and I'm done. I will not have to retype the window title again. I would be usefull to automate the process of building new charts.

Note that this is not a dynamic title because it does not depend on the made selections.

Note that if you mark the "Show title in chart" checkbox and you do not fill in anything, qlikview will use the first expression label automatically.

This is exactly what i'm looking for but I also want to show the label of expression 2.

, Thx for your help, Koen

Message was edited by: Koen Bal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Expression labels can't be referenced directly. It is recommended to just retype the expression labels in the chart title.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's no way for it to happen automagically. Chart labels can't be referenced like you want. Create variable for the expression labels and use the variables as labels and chart title.

vLabel1: Sales

vLabel2: Margin

Label of Expression1: =vLabel1

Label of Expression2: =vLabel2

Chart title: =vLabel1 & ' - ' vLabel2

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thx for youre reply. Though it will not solve my problem because of two reasons:

1) If I clone the chart, I still need to change the variable names. It is exactly the same amount of work as just retyping the labelnames in the charts title.

2) The chart title of the charts I created before will also change if I adjust the variable names.

Conclusion: I was lazy and wanted to automate too much.

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Expression labels can't be referenced directly. It is recommended to just retype the expression labels in the chart title.