Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem after upgrade of Personal Edition

Hi,

I just upgraded my QlikView Personal Edition from v10 to v11. Now for each document I personally created in v10 it tells me, that I have to transfer it, and that I only have four attempts for this. Is all the work I did with v10 really lost?

Any help welcome!

Regards,

Christoph

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Christoph,

You are using a personal Edition which is a free version. There are some limitations on free edition, just like this. The restriction is that you can not open the documents created by other user or system.

So when you upgrade the QlikView, the new Qlikview software treats the earlier documents as created by other user or system, thus eventough same user has created them on same machine, they are treated as different. And when this happens, QlikView gives only 4 Attempts to recover it.

But this can be avoided by buying the licenses.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

this is VERY disappointing. I would have never upgraded to the new version if this was stated anywere during the upgrade process. (Or perhaps it was somewhere you didn't see it.)

Since it uninstalled the old version, hours and hours of work are lost.

But if there is nothing to be done, at least I know never to give my approval to any kind of QlikView project in the future.

Christoph

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Chirstoph,

No company with a powerful software like QlikView will give everything as a Free version. If that is the case then no one will buy the licenses.

And as far as QlikView project is concern, I am sure you would not like to work on the Personal Edition, Intead you will buy the license and use the software with its full functionality.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

As far as I know, you only will have to spend 1 recovery on recovering all documents YOU created with the previous installation.

From the documentation (http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1799😞

IMPORTANT: QlikView Personal Edition is limited to four recoveries per installation. When you recover a QlikView file created with a previous installation, it will apply your new user key to ALL documents created using the previous installation, not just that particular file.