Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem opening a file I just created

Hi,

I have installed the Personal Edition and I´m going through the Introduction course.

When I came to section 11 – How to imort/load data with script(loading an Excel file) I got problem.

After I saved my Qlikview file and closed it Im not´allowed to open it.

I get a message on the screen saying that the file has been created by a “licensed Qlikview User” and I have a Personal Edition……????

Why?

/Peter

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you have a folder called 'prj'  in the same directory as the .qvw file?

If so, delete that folder. You will be able to open the file then with your PE version of QV. Somehow, QlikView automatically generates those folders, indicating it uses  version control for the file. QVW files under version control, can only be opened with licensed versions of QlikView. By deleting the prj folder, you disable the version control for that file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

This is happening since That file was created by not a personal edition copy of qlikview

that is that was created with a full licenced version.

Now you opening it may be on another laptop/desktop with Personal edition so it will not open.

please note files created with Full licence can opened in other system with full qlikview licence.

Regards,

anant

Not applicable
Author

Thanks michelkr!

/Peter

Not applicable
Author

Question is, why does QlikView create those prj folders? (I assume you didn't create them yourselve).

Can anybody acknowledge that if QlikView detects version control software upon installation, it automatically uses this software/embeds it in every QVW file?

Not applicable
Author

No, I didn´t create them myself.