Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Urgent : Pass section access userid and password on document chaining

Hi all,

Anyone know how to pass section access userid and password on document chaining?

On qlikview desktop its working normally (pass section access credential success), but on server (access point), user need to input section access userid and password everytime chaining new document.

FYI, section access applied on all document. Transfer state, Applied state on top current checked.

Thanks.

Regards,

Heri

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have you tried using NTName? That way IE will pass this information. UserID is not passed.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks you for your response.

I'have tried using NTName only. IE and ajax can pass section access information.

But my problem is I can't using NTName only because of my client section access role ( 1 user can have more than 1 role ). For ex:

User A (role 1) : Can access data Region A and All Country

User A (role 2) : Can access data All Region, but Country X only.

If I using NTNAME, so its only can have 1 role. If I still using NTName with all role above, its will reduce data for role 2 (only countain data Country X in Region A). Sample table section access:

ACCESS  NTNAME  GROUP

USER, ABC\USER1, 1

USER, ABC\USER1, 2

To make it can work for 2 role, I am using USERID with the same NTNAME. Ex:

ACCESS  NTNAME  USERID  GROUP

USER, ABC\USER1, USER1-1, 1

USER, ABC\USER1, USER1-2, 2

So, if I want to access role 2, they can input userID : USER1-2.

But the problem come, when I chaining open new document. I must input userID again. Any way to avoid this?

Really hope its can be solve.

Regards,

Heri

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, I don't know of a way to do this. I think you will find they will have to login again to get to the other document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.