Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicktodd
Creator
Creator

Is there a way to report on all the task settings for documents on a server?

We're retiring a Qlikview test server. I have taken backups of all the documents of course but there's a chance some of the documents might be required again.

Is there a way to list off all the task settings for documents on a server so that I can refer to these should I need to install some of the documents on another server in future?

Such a report would be useful anyway to know what we've sert up on our live system.

Thanks

Nick

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Nick,

You can easily build a QVW application that reads the XML file in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Distribution Service where all the tasks are stored, so you can create a QVD where all the settings are stored.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

nicktodd
Creator
Creator
Author

Miguel

Thanks - I will try that. Will that include all the settings, for example the users who are granted to particular applications?

Regards

Nick

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Nick,

License assignments are stored in different files, usually the PGO files in the main root folder as set up in the QMC. If you move this files to the new location, that should work, though.

Miguel