Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

DMS configuration

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a DMS authentication... I  switched the authentication mode to DMS in security tab.. but I don't know which steps continue... can someone give me a step by step configuration?

My Qlikview version is 11.2

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Create a new distribution task, for example, on one of the source documents. The. Set it to manually distribute the file to a folder. Once you run the task this file will appear on the right side. You can copy them manually too in any of the Root or Mounted Folders as set up in the QMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers, Folders.

Hope that helps,

Miguel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go in under QEMC > Documents > User Documents and set the Authorization for the different applications, i.e. who should get to see what application on AccessPoint

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You must understand the DMS Security mode before applying the settings.

DMS mode is used for Authorization. Meaning you can do settings here for what application should be visible to whom.

So once you set the DMS mode, you must set the user name under Authorization Tab.

So after applying the DMS mode, do following things.

Go to Document Tab -> Click on the Application -> Right hand side you will see Authorization Tab. -> Click on the + sign here -> Add the user who is authorized to see the application in Access point.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. well, I have a sourceDocuments folder where are the reports .qvw, but I can not see any of them in UserDocuments tab ....so I can not assign users.... At first at all I think that I have to add a test report at userDocuments tab... How can i do this?

k2.png

k1.png

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Create a new distribution task, for example, on one of the source documents. The. Set it to manually distribute the file to a folder. Once you run the task this file will appear on the right side. You can copy them manually too in any of the Root or Mounted Folders as set up in the QMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers, Folders.

Hope that helps,

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel Angel