Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Break line in Combo Chart

Hi Qliks!

In the enclosed application I have a combo chart. Eventually I want my chart to show Actuals YTD, Plan FY and finally the variance YTD.

Problem: How do I stop the variance line from calculating after the month selected = YTD variance?

Thanks in advance!

Lars Madsen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Still not following. Is this what you mean?

if(Month,rangesum([Plan FY] - [Actual YTD],above([Variance YTD])))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Here's one way:

if(Month,[Plan FY]-[Actual YTD])

It works because Month only has a value for the selected values, and any value other than 0 is considered to be true.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John!

Thanks for you reply. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Since I need the Variance YTD the calculation must include an accumulation. Using the standard setting in QV will not do the trick, since it will then accumulate FY.

I guess my question is down to: "how do I build an accumulation into my calculation"

Probably using RangeSum Stick out tongue.....

Regards,

Lars

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Still not following. Is this what you mean?

if(Month,rangesum([Plan FY] - [Actual YTD],above([Variance YTD])))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John!

I did not realize that I can relate to the current calculation "Variance YTD" in the "Above" function.

That does the trick! - since I would like to be able to see the Actuals and Variance YTD by only selecting year and the "last" month in the YTD period (as opposed to selecting all months YTD myself) I combined your suggestion with a Set Analysis in the enclosed example.

Thanks again Smile

Lars Madsen

P.S. For some reason the enclosed example does only work in QV9. In E.g. 8.5.6231.5 the accumulation is not working properly!